Discovering the Top Pizza Places in Fall River:
Cheese and Specialty Pizzas Reviewed.
We’ve been eating a lot of pizza lately.
We’re going to find the single best cheese pizza and rate a bunch of high-quality specialty pizzas while we’re at it.
Who has the best cheese pizza in Fall River? According to 8-13 people so far from our pizza reviews…
Fiorentina’s Italian Kitchen has the best.
We still have many taste tests to go. It’s going to be many months of weekly taste tests using single-elimination rounds of cheese pizza versus cheese pizza.
This means our favorite will likely change with time (it’s changed at least three times already 😉)
If you have a favorite, feel free to voice your opinion in the comments at the bottom.
This page is long. The TOC is easier to skim.
Don’t miss the specialty pizza slideshow. It’s the best of the top rated specialty pizzas that we’ve tried.
Table of Contents:
- Best Cheese Pizza in Fall River: Taste Tests – Who has the best cheese pizza? What are the top-reviewed (best) specialty pizzas in the city? That’s what these taste tests aim to answer.
- Top 5 Pizza Places in the city (choices from taste tests)
- This is ongoing and will change regularly until we finish our taste tests.
- Specialty Pizza Slideshow we reviewed in our taste tests. I’ll be adding only the very top-scoring pies.
- Pizza Places with…
- Want pasta, chicken wings, or salad options? This is a special ‘who has what’ list.
- All the pizza places in Fall River – an easy complete list.
- Best pizza place according to other websites
- Deals, Specials, and coupons! (Not ready yet! I’m working on this behind the scenes)
- Pizza worth traveling for (all the recommendations I’ve gathered for good pizza outside our immediate area)
Best Cheese Pizza in Fall River
We’re comparing two pizza places at the same time and selecting one winner based on the best cheese pizza. We’re using single-elimination brackets to come up with the ultimate favorite cheese pizza from all of the 22 pizza places.
Starting in December 2022 we’re doing about one test per week.
Here’s a list of each of the tastings, the newest first. As the list grows (because it’s going to be large), I might put this list on its own page. Time will tell.
Remember, winners are chosen based ONLY on the votes for the better cheese pizza.
- 🍕 Millennium Pizza vs Fall River House of Pizza – WINNER: DRAW! – Specialty pies: Potato Skin Pizza – Cacoula – Chicken Broccoli Alfredo.
- 🍕 PieZoni’s vs Fiorentina’s Italian Kitchen – WINNER: FIORENTINA’S ITALIAN KITCHEN – Specialty pies: Ciao Bella Pizza, Cyprus Pizza, Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza.
- 🍕 Dominos vs Papa John’s – WINNER: DOMINOS – Specialty pies: Memphis BBQ Chicken, Ultimate Pepperoni, and Meatball pizzas.
- 🍕 Dave’s Pizza vs. Boston Pizza & Seafood – WINNER: DAVE’S PIZZA – Specialty pizzas rated were Chicken Mozambique, Garlic Knot Pepperoni, and Backyard BBQ.
- 🍕 Pizza Time vs Eastern Pizza – WINNER: PIZZA TIME – These two pizza places are both excellent. Don’t let Pizza Time’s win for the cheese pizza make you avoid Eastern! Specialty Pizzas included Meat Lover’s, Buffalo Chicken, and Steak Pizza.
- 🍕 Pizza Hut vs Papa Ginos – WINNER: PIZZA HUT – What an upset. I was totally expecting Papa Gino’s to win. The specialty pizzas for this round were: Backyard BBQ Chicken, Buffalo Mac & Cheese, and Italian Sausage & Ricotta.
- 🍕 US Pizza & Grill vs Cousin Mike’s Pizza – WINNER: US PIZZA – the usual 2 cheese plus reviews of three specialty pizzas: Buffalo Chicken, Margherita, and Chicken Stir Fry.
- 🍕 Millennium Pizza vs Minerva’s III Pizzeria – WINNER: Millennium – two cheese, one Steak Arriabatta, one Gold Fever Chicken specialty pizza.
- 🍕 Sam’s Pizza vs Fall River House of Pizza – WINNER: FR HOUSE OF PIZZA – two cheese, one Philly Cheesesteak, one Taco.
- 🍕 Atlas Pizza vs Pizza Time – WINNER: PIZZA TIME – two cheese, one chourico and chips, one chicken broccoli alfredo.
- 🍕 Eastern Pizza vs New England Pizza – WINNER: EASTERN – two cheese, one buffalo chicken, one bbq chicken
Even if a pizza place doesn’t ‘win’ because of their cheese pizzas, they can still earn a special place in our list with their gourmet creations.
We try the specialty pizzas.
We give scores to the specialty pizzas.
Then I add the very best of them to the slideshow below.
The top 5 Pizza Places in Fall River
According to… me and the pizza tasting crew 😎
Top Specialty Pizzas in Fall River: A slideshow of our reviewed favorites.
Garlic Knot Pepperoni - Dave's Pizza
The garlic knot crust isn’t just for pepperoni lovers. This is a must-try spin for a New York style pizza.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza - Eastern Pizza
My favorite of all the buffalo chicken pizzas in the city. Eastern’s buffalo chicken pizza is a little spicier than others, but nothing Ken’s Blue Cheese can’t cure.
Backyard BBQ Chicken from Pizza Hut
Red onions would help this pizza reach it’s ultimate form but the flavor is still a 10/10.
Chourico & Chips from Atlas Pizza
If french fries on pizza doesn’t weird you out, this is a fantastic option.
BBQ Chicken Pizza from Eastern Pizza
The two favorites at Eastern are primarily the BBQ and the Buffalo Chicken Pizzas.
The BBQ Chicken pizza is sweet and savory without being overwhelming.
Steak Arriabata from Minerva's III
This fan favorite has been a staple pie at Minerva’s III for around 20 years and for good reason. It’s magnificent.
PieZoni's Mixed Greens Pizza
For the health-conscious at work Piezoni’s mixed greens pizza is the go-to pie.
Pizza Places That Have…
These options should be pretty accurate but always be sure to check with the restaurant.
Deep Dish Options
Deep Dish Options
Pizza Hut Pan Pizza
This is the classic deep dish from my youth. That spongy crust is surrounded by caramelized outer shell from a searing-hot pan.
Sometimes the service at our local Pizza Hut is spot on. Sometimes it isn’t. My mileage has varied.
Domino’s Handmade Pan Pizza
They’ve had it for a few years now and it’s pretty great.
The only complaint I have is how extraordinarily well this pizza keeps it’s heat. It took the finish right off of my butcher block drop-table by putting it directly on the surface!
It has a pizza-shaped scar now.
No big loss. It’s just a drop table — but be advised with your own furniture. It comes HOT. Please don’t put it directly on finished furniture. The results could make you sad.
Stuffed Crust Options
- Pizza Hut
- Papa John’s
- Little Caesars
Gluten-Free Crust Options
Gluten-Free Crust Options
- Papa John’s
- Papa Gino’s
- Dave’s Pizza
- Cousin Mike’s
- Eastern Pizza
- Sam’s Pizza
If restaurants are red and marked “F&C”, it means they don’t have a ‘full’ seafood dinner menu. It’s just fish & chips (and maybe fried shrimp).
(With the number of major options next to each)
Fries and Fried Food
(and fried food)
There are actually only four pizza places that don’t have fries in the city:
- Papa John’s
- Highland Pizza
- Little Caesar’s.
Pizza Time has pints of Ben & Jerry’s.
All The Pizza Places In Fall River
If there are any errors, please leave a comment and I’ll be happy to clean it up.
All of the links below will open in a new tab.
Pizza from Non-Pizza Places
We have other pizza offerings from restaurants and other stops.
Market Basket’s Market’s Kitchen also has an extra-large pizza with some of the freshest tasting sauce you’ve ever had. Some folks don’t like their pizza because it can be underdone. For me, I like that I can freeze that entire thing in gallon freezer bags and throw them in the air fryer later for crispy awesomeness.
I love Cumberland Farms but I’ve tried their pizza and man.. not a good time. I’ll give it another chance or two. Maybe they’ve updated their recipe since the last time I tried it. It was really bad.
The number one pizza place according to Other Sites:
(And be careful. The following is not necessarily good advice)
Yelp: Sam’s Pizza
With 7 reviews and 4.5 stars
This is a good all-around eatery with really friendly service and a ton of great menu items, but the best pizza in the city? No. I’ve ordered from there frequently. I love this place, but it’s not the best pizza overall in the city. I’m happy they’re getting exposure as a new restaurant but Yelp reviewers are wrong on this one.
Google Maps: Dave’s Pizza
With 400 reviews and 4.2 stars
To be transparent, most of these reviews were taken before Dave sold the business to another owner during the depths of the pandemic. Google is a machine with AI. It doesn’t know it’s under new ownership so I don’t feel they’re giving the best heads up here. Is it worth a trip and a try? You bet. Best pizza in the city? I’m trying it a few more times before putting it anywhere in my top ten.
SliceLife: US Pizza and Grill…
With 4.9 stars and no hint of how many reviews.
Since changing to their new location I feel like their quality has gone up considerably. I’d only ordered one time when they were at their old location and it was less than stellar.
We tried them in a taste test of a cheese and two specialty pizzas and they did really well. Top marks. I wouldn’t rate them the best in the city (and probably not a 4.9 out of 5) but their pizza is definitely worth having, especially their specialty pizzas!
Fall River Reporter’s: Top Five ‘Mom & Pop’ Pizza Shops…
There are no star reviews on that page but their picks are very close to mine.
The write-ups over there are pretty good — except Pizza Time isn’t New York Style pizza. It’s Greek-style like 90% of the pizza shops in our area. (Not to knock Pizza Time. Their pizzas are great.)
Fall River Reporter’s picks are: Pizza Time, Atlas Pizza, Fiorentina Italian Kitchen (which IS NY-Style), Eastern Pizza, and Royal Pizza.
It’s the morning of 3/27/23 and I’ve been working on how to set this up for the past couple of weeks. I’m pretty close to start adding content for the deals, broken up by pizza places and deal types.
Stay tuned 🙂
If any deals are wrong, please comment on the posts or email email@example.com so I can straighten it out.
Pizza worth traveling for
Big Tony’s Pizza
525 Eaton St, Providence, RI 02908
Lynwood Cafe – Website
320 Center St.
Randolph, MA 02368
157 Wooster St, New Haven, CT 06511
Phone: (203) 865-5762
166 Wickenden St, Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 751-6737
Have a pizza place outside our area you feel is worth travelling for?
Comment with a great place and I’ll add it to the list.
Hey! One Last Thing.
If you have any more questions about pizza in Fall River that this page didn’t answer, please ask it in a comment below.
If you have any feedback or suggestions about the page in general, that’s welcome too.